Variable Data Printing Study
This NYSE-listed corporation surveys around one million American business professionals annually on behalf of various product manufacturers.
This firm’s survey process required:
- Survey printing
- Personalization, MICR coding, and bar coding of live incentive checks
- Folding, inserting, and mailing
Because separate vendors handled each part of this time-honored process, significant improvements in survey management efficiency seemed unlikely unless a new approach could be developed.
- Manage production and mailing of 12 separate surveys totaling nearly 1,000,000 pieces
- Variably print 1.5 million forms (totaling 6,000,000 variable impressions) annually
- Achieve the greatest possible number of postal pre-sort discounts
Printing Services Online assumed full responsibility for this process, combining its variable data printing expertise with in-house bindery, finishing, and mailing capabilities. As a result, Access achieved significant production and cost efficiencies.
- By implementing a database typesetting approach, the time required to typeset surveys was reduced from over four weeks to two days. Editing errors were largely eliminated. The time gained allowed the client to focus its energies on non-production issues
- Virtually all survey wastage was eliminated
- By resizing the surveys’ format, Access helped the client realize postage savings of over $80,000 annually
- By providing in-house, USPS Coding Accuracy Systems Service (CASS) certification, Access ensured that the client’s mailings qualified for all available presort discounts
By utilizing Printing Services Online’ turnkey production capabilities, the client experiences significantly fewer production hiccups, enjoys improved quality, and has gained increased flexibility in survey production. Increased attention to detail (for example, with regard to address validation), has meant a sharp drop in the number of undeliverable surveys. Overall, Access has delivered a turnkey process that gives its client the process transparency, flexibility, and control that it desired.
For Additional Insights:
For more information about the in-house services that made this solution possible, view our Digital Printing, Post-press Finishing, Kitting, Distribution, and Mailing List Management pages.
For more information about Printing Services Online, visit About Us and Services. Have a question? Contact Us.